Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Monday; what can happen now?

My wife and I achieved a pretty big milestone on Sunday; twenty-eight years of marriage. Kind of like the line out of that Grateful Dead song, “what a long strange trip it’s been”. We’ve had our share of good times and bad; strange relatives and even stranger advice, but we’ve made it this far. Thanks; honey.

As many of you know; I kind of like Drag Racing. I watched a very good race team self destruct itself this weekend in Reading PA. Now I wasn’t there, wish I had been, but I watched simple parts brake, bigger parts go boom, and tuning decisions go bad in an instant. A simple part puts the points leader out of the points lead; his daughter experience two big booms and watch the body fly off her car one night and two days later break the body in two, and the third car lose in the first round again; they all were out in the first round last weekend. Its weekends like this that give owners grey hair. There is that old expression, ‘its not rocket science’; sorry, this is. If you don’t think so; you try tuning one of them. You’ll probably grow a few grey hairs before the weekend is out. I hope they get it together before Vegas so it will make the show better.

Now down to real business. I’m working on another murder mystery. This one is about a female PI in Indianapolis. I’m running into a little bit of writer’s cramp; I’m at a point and I wonder if I’m doing the character justice. Plus I just can’t get past the point I am in the story. But I‘m going to give it a big effort this afternoon and see were we go. I hope it goes where I think it will and will be a great addition to what has already come. There will be some big surprises and I hope it turns into along running series. Lauralynn Elliott doesn’t like sequels and I can’t keep but writing them. Once I like a character I want to keep them around long enough to get to know them well. I’m one of those people who are always asking ‘what’s going to happen now’ when a story ends. And I don’t want a happily ever after ending either; sometimes that just doesn’t make sense; sometimes it does, but it’s also not reality. Well see how this one goes and if anyone buys it. Speaking of which; how about a few more people buy The Last Cabbandeum? It would make my mortgage company feel better.

So back to your normally scheduled lives; I’ll type at you later. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't say I didn't like to read sequels, I just don't like to write them. LOL.

    Congrats on the 28 years. Same number for me, too.

    I understand when you get to the point you're not sure where to go to next in a story. I had to change my point of view in order to make my latest story work. I had to get into both of the main characters' heads instead of just one of them. Sometimes you have to just do something a little differently to make something work.

    ReplyDelete